Friday, July 20, 2012

Scooby Snacks.....?

So like any average 20-something I have continued my always interesting venture of dating...

I've met a variety of people both on and and off the Internet and it ALWAYS turns into a learning experience; whether good or bad, wisdom is to be had.

Despite all the rhyming, I'd like to pose a question.  Is there a disconnect between what the brain thinks and the mouth speaks when it comes to interacting with the opposite sex?  I'm one of those females that would be completely content with, "Hi.  My name is John.  What's your name?"  Before you know it an actual conversation is to be had.

Maybe this is old-fashioned thinking but I truly appreciate simplicity when it comes to getting to know me or being approached.

Earlier today, I signed on to my online profile and discovered I had new comments on my pictures.  Most of the picture comments were "I like this photo."  However, one picture had a comment that stood out to me, "Nice Snack." 

What?

This could be taken a number of ways however most of them made me feel like I should take a long shower.  So when you need input, where do you go?  Facebook of course!!

See the thread here: https://www.facebook.com/Tiffany.Ariel85/posts/10100762945787530?notif_t=feed_comment#!/Tiffany.Ariel85/posts/10100762945787530?notif_t=feed_comment

Some reactions were laughter, some hostility, and some involved a fairly cool comeback that I may have to induct into my vocabulary repertoire (Thanks Mom)!

What happened to people just talking to each other, without having to add a corny line or potentially offensive comment just to get some one's attention?  I would think it would be easier to say "Hi" then to try to come up with something creative.  Creativity provides you with a 50/50 chance that you will either get knocked up side the head or a phone number.

If you have an 85% success rate or better with your creativity, then you have found your niche and more power to you.  However, if statements like "Nice Snack," is the best you can come up with, then changing it up to "Hi" may increase your number-obtaining statistics.

Like Mr. Gump said "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." 

Fellas a word of advice, this applies to women too!

The SingleGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment