Sunday, July 29, 2012

30 Days = Habit

Good Morning!

Because of all the hilariously off the wall themes that happen in my everyday dating life, I decided to take the advice of a friend and go on a 30 day "man fast."  So far it's only been about 5 days and I'm amazed at the things I have learned not only about myself but the type of men I seem to gravitate to.

A man I had been talking to for awhile was not only interested in getting to know me but also wanted to meet because of our shared passion and business sense of music.  It felt more like a meet and greet rather than a date.  When I got there, a family member had informed me he needed to run to the store and he would be back soon. 

Once inside the studio, it seemed that everyone else was more interested in speaking with me and getting to know me and my talent than the dude who invited me.  When he did talk to me he was all over me and not really making coherent conversation.  This was such an odd event, I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it.

I spent most of the night talking with his cousin and his younger brother kept making comments along the lines of why didn't he meet me first?  The man who invited me was too drunk apparently to care that I was even there and so I made two new acquaintances from his family.  Not a total bust. I of course let Mr. Rude know about his lack of manners and he of course had nothing to say and just ignored the situation.

I digress. I seem to attract men that are lacking one of the three basics:

                1. Consistent Paying Job.
                2. A Driver's License and A Car.
                3. A place to live.

There are many other qualities that I want and feel I deserve to have in whomever I decide to spend my time with, but these are the bare minimum requirements.

Lately, I'm attracting men who either don't have a job, don't have a car or had a felony at one point in time .  They usually have about 10K kids with 50 "Baby Mommas."  Now if they actively take care of and participate in their kids' lives (all 10k of them) then I don't have an issue, but you have to wonder about their commitment capabilities.

Maybe I'm stuck in the bad boy loop or maybe because of my credentials, they think they have a chance with me...who knows?  Still figuring out these ever present Dating Dilemmas...

The SingleGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment