Saturday, January 28, 2012

Reflections...



Afternoon Ladies and Gents!!  This is my final blog post as a Full Sail University student as I will be receiving my Master of Science Degree in Entertainment Business, February 3rd, 2012.  I can’t tell you how excited I am to have accomplished such a feat.  It has been a difficult but rewarding experience…

I’ve reiterated on numerous occasions throughout my blog, how much music means to me.  Music has been my number one passions since I was eight years old and I can’t imagine doing anything else except music.  So what’s next? :)

I need to push myself out of this hermit-sized shell I have created for myself and actually utilize the tools, Full Sail taught me.  Music has always been a very vulnerable and personal concept for me.  I’m able to work through the stage fright jitters and stomach knots when I am singing in front of a crowd, but do you know how difficult it is to not analyze and critique every single note that comes out of your mouth?

There have been times when I have been able to “Let Go and Let God…” In those moments the music has just poured out of me and has been a very emotional connection but I can’t depend on that connection to happen every single time I open my mouth, since I don’t always connect with what I am singing.

Bottom line, it’s time for me to stop being scared and do what I love to do…the reason I was put on this Earth…to sing.  Thank you Full Sail for everything you have allowed me to accomplish and all the knowledge I have absorbed while working with both my fellow classmates and my professors.

The one thing I would differently?  Why didn’t I think to go to this school sooner???

1 comment:

  1. Ariel,

    I enjoyed ready your reflections. I could tell that music is a very big part of who you are. Girl you can take that passion and truly succeed at whatever you set your mind to doing! Good luck on the adventure ahead :D

    Sariah
    Full sail classmate

    ReplyDelete