Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Graduation and beyond...

3 February 2012
Now what?

It has been a little over two months since my graduation and journey end with Full Sail University.  I'm still very much in awe of everything that I have learned as well as how much I have accomplished.  It was a tough year but if given the opportunity to do it again, I would, in a heartbeat.

Of course at the end of every era, one comes to a crossroads of which direction one should go.  You have all this training and knowledge and yet not really sure how, when, where and what you can apply it to....

For the past couple months, I have been in and out of a funk trying to figure out what I should do.  I'm not satisfied with my job and if it's not dealing with music, switching to another job may not change that.

When you don't know what to do or where to turn, sometimes you have to be still and "Let God."  This is a hard concept for anyone to grasp especially someone such as myself who likes to know the answer to everything and be in control.  So I had to bring focus to something else in order to feel productive.

I decided that the one thing I could focus on which was in my control was my weight and health.  I've been on the ViSalus Challenge since August of 2011 and for the most part have been sticking to it.  However, I felt the only way to maintain the weight loss momentum was to also work-out (ugh).  So instead of telling myself, I'm going to get up at 8am and do ZUMBA everyday, I hired a personal trainer.

Not only did I feel and notice a difference in how my clothes fit and how I looked in the mirror within the first week but then I discovered, this guy was connected!!  Now I'm consistently improving my health and weight AS WELL AS recording music and getting the opportunity to learn and apply the knowledge I learned while I was at Full Sail with the owner of the gym!

See what happens when you just let go and focus on other things?  Everything else just seems to fall into place.

These changes gave me the courage to submit an audition DVD for a popular TV show for performing/recording artist hopefuls.  I'm sure you can guess which show, but I'm not going to tell you what it is :).  Regardless of what happens, the point is that I am actively taking steps to pursue my dreams and who knows, it may just happen sooner than I think; in a capacity I never expected.

Full speed ahead........


*Many Thanks to Brian The Gifted for directing and producing my DVD submission. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment